[TR] Feelings about paint types

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Thu Oct 4 17:13:18 MDT 2012

Hi Peter,
I recently finished up painting my TR4A IRS using RM Diamont base coat and
Limco LC1000 clear coat. I couldn't be happier with the results. I am not
looking for a "authentic" finish so shiny is good.
The clear coat allows you to color sand and buff the final paint to be
mirror smooth. If your into that, Base/Clear is the way to go. The single
stage paints are more for the guy looking for a original finish tends to be
not as smooth. I agree with one of the other guys who said most painters
will push to go Base/Clear as that is what they use in the collision repair
business. The single stage enamels will be much cheaper material wise.
I painted mine myself and so I saved some money on labor but it was still
about $800.00 or so just in material.

'67 TR4A IRS
http://home.fuse.net/davest4a