[TR] 10Si alternator application

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Oct 1 16:31:10 MDT 2012

> Any GM 10si alternator will work. The clocking of the alternator can be
> changed simply by undoing the four bolts that hold the two halves

Thanks, John.  I am aware of that, however some people are intimidated by the thought of disassembling a freshly rebuilt alternator (possibly voiding the warranty) before finding out if it works.  Others may be intimidated just by the thought of disassembling the unit and potentially having parts fall out, brushes spring out of their holder, etc.  Since this step can be avoided by simply knowing what words to say at the parts store, it seems like a reasonable question to ask.

Randall