[TR] TR3 painted wing beading question

Wbeech wbeech at flash.net
Thu Nov 29 15:56:00 MST 2012

Thinking on this current project that I am going to paint the beading
between the wings and the tub, saw a TR2 at VTR and it looked good.  ISTR
that TR2's & early 3's used a black rubber bead in this place.

Has anyone used any alternate materials in this application?  I am thinking
there might be something that would have a more of a flat profile than the
rounded beading that is usually seen.

Many thanks,
Bill

Bill Beecher
'58 TR3A TS/30766L "Tarbaby"
'62 TR3B TCF/2549L " Aunt B" (in rehab)
www.triumphowners.com/1566 <http://www.triumphowners.com/1566>
'68 Land Rover Series IIa 88" "The Beast"
"If you think you have everything under control... You're driving too slow"
M.Andretti