[TR] height challenge(d) and TRs

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Thu Nov 29 08:09:27 MST 2012

At  barely 5 feet tall, I can truly say that the cars are not made for those
of us who are normal height.   I use a small booster cushion on the seat and
have had the brake and clutch pedals bent forward a bit  (Triumph dealer in
'71) used a torch to heat the pedal but forgot to have the brake light
switch removed first.   Doh!)   I actually raised the seat of my '58 TR3
with 2x4s (probably not the safest thing to do) but did not change the
pedals.   The seat was very close to the steering wheel.  Mechanics and
vehicle inspectors cursed me.

Ron L