[TR] stressful things in triumph

John Macartney flywheelcoventry1 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 29 02:35:40 MST 2012

The thing for me is the realisation that many of my former friends in
Engineering were little more than sadists. They completely overlooked the fact
that many among us down the years have been youthful in heart, though much
longer in the tooth. Waking each day as I do with aching joints and perhaps a
little too much 'circumferentially' - I especially curse all TR Spitfire, GT6,
and certainly curse Little and large Healeys, Morris Garages variants and
those things from Jaguar that look like a flying bedpan.
It's not that I'm
jealous but simply because whenever I have the opportunity to ride in or drive
a sports car, it's raining and the hood is erected. It's bad enough getting in
- but getting out is hell on earth.

Jonmac