[TR] Blue Upholstery kits for 1975 TR6

Triumph List lgmtr6 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 28 03:23:08 MST 2012

Dave
Ive bought a few seat kits over the years. I currently have a French Blue 74
TR6 which I restored about 9 years ago. My car had no interior when I bought
the project so I went through the same drill of choosing interior color and
style. I choose the TRF seat kits in black vinyl due to the faithful
reproduction to original patterns. After many trips and miles they still look
new. I had put shadow blue seat kits into a prior sapphire blue 74 TR6  and
red kits into a 71 white TR6 and they looked great as well. (TRF as well). The
only problem I had was the shadow blue carpet faded very quickly. I also used
the black leather kit from Moss on my first TR6 restoration from 20+ years ago
and they were very nice, and wore well, but did not have the original pattern.
That's a long time ago so they are sure to have changed since then. I've not
used Vicky Brit but have seen their light tan seats (not an original color)
and it is beautiful especially on the BRG car I saw it installed in. Finally,
I just reupholstered my Stag seats with new kits from Rimmer Brothers. While
nice, they are not the same quality as I have seen from the US big three but I
was limited as Rimmer was the only affordable option for the Stag so I
wouldn't go with them for the TR6. So, I think the answer is they are all
quality kits and to go with the color and style you like best. IMHO.
Larry Miceli
Mount Dora, Fl
74 TR6 (done!)
73 Stag (at the painter!)
58 TR3 (in boxes...)

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 28, 2012, at 12:37 AM, Dave Murphy <roadwarriordave at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Allan,
> If the colour swatch looks the correct shade, definitely go with the
leather!
> Leather is worth the extra $225 for the unique wrinkles that appear as it
ages
> and for that wonderfull smell. And I think it breaths better than the
original
> "vented" vinyl.
> I had the seats redone on my '76 TR6 in the spring by a pro. The foam
started
> disintigrating in 2008 and by 2012 the seats had become extremely
> uncomfortable. I think the pro (Pete's Uphostery in Taylor Michigan)
charged
> around $220 and he did a perfect job using materials I'd purchased from
Moss

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/lgmtr6@yahoo.com