[TR] TR3A Front cowl letter placement

Andrew Uprichard auprichard at uprichard.net
Wed Nov 7 08:00:54 MST 2012

Did all the holes get welded up?  There was a change somewhere between TS
50,000 and 70,000 where they went from ribbed letters to  smooth letters.  I
have an early apron with holes for the ribbed letters.  I also have a 70,000
parts car with smooth letters, but they are in a straight line.  Wasn't the
"TRIUMPH" with smooth letters slightly curved like a smile?  I am wondering
if it is an earlier hood and someone just put the smooth letters in it.

Bottom line - I can take a piece of paper out to the early hood and mark the
holes if that is what you want.

Andrew Uprichard