[TR] Value/restoration

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Sun Nov 4 06:22:11 MST 2012

List,
I have to put in my .02 too on this.

I think very few of us actually start out on our restoration thinking in the
back of our minds we are actually going to create some kind of major
investment bonanza. It's more along the lines of at some point in our lives,
we see this really cool looking car and think, "someday I am going to own
one of those". And, we start looking.. From then on it's pretty much a
"target of opportunity" kind of situation. At that point, you find a car,
you have enough money to buy it, and the car's condition is within what you
think your range of restoration skills are at that moment. When you are
"done", you still have the car, you are out of money, and your restoration
skills are about 1000% more than when you started..
You go to your first show and a someone comes up to you and says something
like, " Man, I always wanted one of those" and it start all over again..

Dave Connitt
'67 TR4A IRS  (Have the car, have some money left, I am pretty good at
bodywork and paint now)
http://home.fuse.net/davestr4a