[TR] Topping off gear box and diff

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Nov 3 02:12:23 MDT 2012

> Seriously:  How much does a second set of Rhino ramps cost?

A lot more than they're worth.  The ramps won't fit under middle of the car
and it's really tough to have the front wheels moving forwards onto the
ramps, while the back wheels move backwards onto the ramps.  A jack and two
pairs of jackstands work a lot better.

Without overdrive, I don't think you've got anything to worry about.  The
gearbox and diff plugs are pretty close to the center, so the error will be
small and the worst that will happen is that the excess will leak out
faster.

With overdrive though, I'd want to get it level somehow.  I hear it's
possible to cut a hole in the side of the trans tunnel so you can fill it
with the wheels on the ground.

-- Randall