[TR] Topping off gear box and diff

thenicholls at verizon.net thenicholls at verizon.net
Fri Nov 2 21:01:43 MDT 2012

Easy one for the list.

Like everyone else, I drip some fluif from my gearbox and differential. I always try and top up going into winter when I have more time.

Last year, Jiffy Lube let me drive in and walk down under the car and top it off for free. The year before that, my friend with a Jag got the car level and helped me.

My problem is I only have a set of Rhino ramps and have no way to get the car level.

The question is, if I run the front up on the ramps and then pump in some fluid, obviously when I come back down the level will be above where it should be according to the book.

Is there really any risk with overfilling these two parts? If there is, I will make other arrangements.

Thanks,

Craig H. Nicholls
1972 Triumph TR6