[TR] Brake Fluid?

Dave dave at ranteer.com
Thu May 31 10:24:20 MDT 2012

been using silicon numerous years on numerous cars.  doesn't absorb water
(is not hygroscopic) and doesn't mess with paint.  gotta be a little more
careful when filling and bleeding (use speed bleeders!!).  I don't know why
anyone would use dot 3/4 and risk paint damage and have to bleed every year
or two.

I bought a master a couple years ago and saw that warning.  talked to a
contact at moss, and he said the problem was that people were not full
cleaning out their brake systems, mixing dot 3/4/5 and getting into trouble.
so that's why the disclaimer/warranty issue.  he said there is no reason
whatsoever not to use silicone on the new brake cylinders.