[TR] TR4 manifold Studs

Darrell Walker darrellw360 at mac.com
Wed May 30 20:04:20 MDT 2012

On May 30, 2012, at 6:04 PM, Dave wrote:

> I picked up a TR4 with a header.   as such, the manifold studs are really too long and have too big a shoulder.  there were some interesting spacers holding the whole thing together.
>
> can I just get shorter ones some where?  do they have to be special in some way?

Not all of the studs are the same length, so you could source some of he shorter ones.

But is the flange on the header thinner than the one on the intake?  If so, you will want to use some kind of spacer between the thinner flange and the clamps, otherwise they won't seal the manifold very well.

I drilled and tapped the clamp on the end for the thinner manifold, and threaded in a screw with the appropriate thickness head to make up the difference.

-Darrell

--
Darrell Walker
66 TR4A IRS-SC CTC67956L