[TR] SU air filters

Gary Nafziger nafzigerg at yahoo.com
Wed May 30 12:02:22 MDT 2012

I've installed a TR-4A exhaust manifold on my tr-3 and therefor had to use a
different intake manifold which pushed the carbs out toward the inner fender
at least another inch.  I'll need to fit different air filters and believe
I've read some where that the K and N tapered ones might fit without
"adjusting" the inner fender.LOL  Does anyone have experience with this?

also was curious about how filters are measured.  Moss sells tapered K and N's
in sizes 1 1/2"  as well as 1 and 3/4.  The intake hole in my carb is 1 and
5/8.  Am I measuring the right thing?

thanks!

gary n.