[TR] TR6 stalling at idle

David Soknacki soknacki at soknacki.com
Sat May 26 08:21:52 MDT 2012

Hi List!

Am I the only TR6 driver who turns off his engine when stopped at red lights
in hot weather? I do it because otherwise my engine sputters to a stall.
This happens only when the engine and ambient temperature are hot. I have a
stock engine, and have been using regular gas since I bought the car in
2003.

My guess that the gas is boiling on its way to the carburetors. Is that
right?

I first thought that I might fix the problem by installing one of those
stainless heat shields next to the carburetors, but no luck.

So what to do?
- buy premium gas?
- put in a gas additive?
- wrapping or coating the manifold?