[TR] TR3 Aluminum Radiators

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue May 22 11:49:22 MDT 2012

> Do you have a pure copper radiator with pure copper rods?

Probably not, although I didn't submit it for quantitative analysis.

But I'll bet you don't have a pure aluminum radiator, either.  Aluminum is
pretty much always alloyed with things like silicon and iron.

> Aluminum radiators do last longer with with a sacrificial zinc rod, anti
> freeze formulated for aluminum & distilled water.

So does copper.  You forgot to mention having to keep the antifreeze and
sacrificial anode changed on schedule, not parking it in a barn and
forgetting about it.

-- Randall