[TR] Valve lash adjustment procedureTriumph TR6

thenicholls at verizon.net thenicholls at verizon.net
Mon May 21 18:13:11 MDT 2012

I am trying to coordinate a british car shop to do a valve lash adjustment on my 1972 Triumph TR6.

After reviewing the procedure, and then reading some forum and the Buckeye Triumph site, I just want to get clarification.

Is it absolutely necessary for the car to be totally cold (some said 24 hours) before the adjustment is done, or is their no problem (if the people know what they are doing) with waiting a reasonable amount of time and then doing the adjustment?

I have had the car many years and do not think this has been done for many years.

Any input appreciated.

Craig
1972 Triumph TR6
Vienna, VA