[TR] K & N air filters

John Macartney flywheelcoventry1 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat May 19 10:08:55 MDT 2012

Hi, Bob

I had absolutely no idea until getting your post that KN was of
American origin/manufacture :) so *very, v-e-r-y* sorry to one and all if I
inadvertantly trod on patriotic toes.
I still think it's a waste of money and
in the same vein as using synthetic engine oil in our engines.
In the case of
the oil though, I applaud its use in modern engines because the operating
pressures and temperatures are so much higher. But for power units of forty
plus years (or more) ago, give me good ole mineral 20/50. And for old engines
with a bit of 'slop' in bearings and gaps you could drive a horse and cart
through, my favourite strawberry conserve (with or without the fruit) would
probably be just as good as an alternative.

John