[TR] K & N air filters

John Macartney flywheelcoventry1 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat May 19 07:23:48 MDT 2012

IMHO, the KN filter is a waste of money. I had two on my Triumph 2000, noticed
nothing in terms of 'increased performance' (but then I don't believe such
claims anyway) and certainly no increase in the amount of filth the KN
retained in comparison to my conventional Unipart paper filter.
That said,
mere observation is an inaccurate method of efficacy measurement but I was and
still am far from convinced.
 I've also asked many people if they believed the
advertising hype, seen increased dirt retention or felt the KN was a better
option? The answers have been 'No' in all cases - but perhaps those people
were all grumpy old *b*****s" just like me?

Jonmac