[TR] K & N air filters

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri May 18 12:38:03 MDT 2012

I know there are some folks out there who buy "raw" K&N filters and then
repackage them along with the metal parts to mount to SU & ZS carbs.
Perhaps the repackagers are the ones that oil them and wrap in plastic?

Just a thought.  Personally I intend to stick with paper elements for the
street, as I believe they do a better job of keeping dirt out of the engine
and I'm willing to sacrifice a horsepower or two to avoid having to re-ring
every few years.  But then I drive probably 10,000 miles/year, while some
folks will never put that much on their TRs.

-- Randall