[TR] Was winshield "tape" now tenax pegs....

tfansher at comcast.net tfansher at comcast.net
Fri May 18 11:01:03 MDT 2012

There was a discussion about a while back (years) and the general thoughts
were that there are various thicknesses of "tape" available and the pros have
a wider availability than we have.B  There's probably some variation of
thickness of glass and rechroming the frame will alter the gap,etc.

So checking with a pro about the different thicknesses could help if you still
want to do it yourself..

My 2 cents worth comes in before you install the glass.B  I think historically
we all installed the glass then the tenax pegs along the top edge and IF they
were too long, we cracked our windshields and got to start all over
again....ask me how I know......so the second time I installed the tenax pegs
first and if they were too long, I used my cut off wheel and ground them to
the proper length from the inside of the frame....nice and tight and no
guessing...on another note, I think the glass probably shouldn't slide up as
far as the pegs anyway, but that's hard to stop if the glass starts to move
when you're installing the lower portion....

Tom

60 TR3A

61 TR3A

62 TR4