[TR] Towing a TR-3

dbyam tds.net dbyam at tds.net
Mon May 14 14:35:37 MDT 2012

I towed my TR-4A back from FL to MI with a tow bar bolted to the Bumper
Mounts. No problem. Towed my TD from MI to NJ for the Circuit of Britian
and returned it to MI using the Bumper Mounts. No problem. You may want to
disconnect the drive shaft for a long (500+) tow. Biggest problem is
getting into and out of gas stations! I don't think it is necessary to
remove the bumper mount brackets that attach to the frame and build a
complex (redundant) mount. Just my two cents worth based on my experiences.

Doug