[TR] Float bowls overflowing

Roger Elliott elliottr at rmi.net
Sat May 12 11:21:58 MDT 2012

I want to thank everyone for the suggestions and ideas.

I hooked up a pressure gauge today - fuel pressure was almost 10 psi.  I
put in a pressure regulator and the pressure is now just over 2 1/2 psi.

I now have it set so it is running about 95% right. I think I just need
to make the carbs a little richer.

Just to follow up on a couple of suggestions.  I could not detect any
gas in the floats that were originally in the carbs.   I replaced them
and still had the overflow problem.

The floats are the solid plastic ones - no metal arms. I set them so a
drill bit between 1/8" and 3/16" inches (per Spit manual) would just
roll under the float.

So I think I am all set.  Thanks again for all of the ideas.

Roger Elliott