[TR] Horn with a mind of its own

greg at gelhar.com greg at gelhar.com
Sun May 6 12:05:41 MDT 2012

> ...the horns have blown several times without pushing the horn button,
> usually when steering to the left.....
> Any and all thoughts/suggestions greatly appreciated.

I had this problem on my 73 TR6. I made a new bushing for the top of the
steering column (sorry, I didn't record the dimensions) that eliminated
'play' in all directions. It was this movement that allowed the turn
signal clip to contact the horn ring and sound the horns on hard turns. As
an added benefit, I was able to move the turn signal switch in a bit and
now the turn signals never fail to self cancel.