[TR] Horn with a mind of its own

Irv Korey emanteno at comcast.net
Sun May 6 09:21:24 MDT 2012

I treated myself to a new Moto-Lita steering wheel a couple of weeks ago.
Since I installed it, the horns have
blown several times without pushing the horn button, usually when steering
to the left. This happened twice while we were
moving (pushing and steering) the car at our club tune-up clinic yesterday.
My car has air horns, and they are LOUD.

I know the horns are wired hot all of the time and that the horn button
provides the ground for the circuit. My old wheel and hub
assembly used a different horn contact design than the stock wheel and I
never experienced this.
The Moto-Lita uses the same system as the stock wheel, the spring loaded
bush that goes through the hub. I'm guessing that
the stock horn bush arrangement is more sensitive to whatever is causing
this.

Any and all thoughts/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
Highland Park, IL