[TR] Experience with PRIRace.com?

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Fri May 4 09:00:27 MDT 2012

On 5/3/12 8:06 PM, David Ljung Madison wrote:
> Looking into options for rebuilding my TR3 engine I came across:
>
>    http://prirace.com/page/triumph-tr3-engines
>
> Has anyone on the list used them for an engine rebuild?
Not I.  But looking at their list of things they do and the price they
ask my first thought is that they may not know the TR fours very well
and my second thought is that you will still get a better rebuild from
Greg Solow's engine Room in Santa Cruz for the price.  Since Greg races
a Morgan and has had one for ever that is the one engine they know the
most about.  It is THE place I trust to build a TR2-4A engine properly
and to know how to address inherent weaknesses.

Any automotive machine shop can rebuild a TR engine and have it run at
the end of the process.  But if you want the engine to run its best for
an extended period of time, sometimes it is best to seek out someone who
specialized in that particular engine.

Just my own biased opinion,

Teriann