[TR] TS1

Don Hiscock don.hiscock at gmail.com
Wed May 2 10:17:53 MDT 2012

It's my understanding the entire lower half of TS1 has been rebuilt, as
close to the original in as many ways as they could make it.  That's
consistent with my memory of seeing the car pre-restoration in the early
1980s.  Maybe someone here can give us more details.

Something can only be original once.  This car is no longer in that
category.  While we're all happy the car was rescued, let's be clear that
it was *restored*, not *conserved*.  TS1 isn't a time-warp car -- it was a
near-basket case brought back.  My wish is that any owner be "sensitive" to
the car's historical importance.  But any owner has every right to do
whatever he wants to a car.

There are other cars out there that are in much more original condition for
which conservation is a more important consideration.  The long-door TR2
from the former Harrah's collection, for example, is a 9000 mile survivor
virtually untouched since the mid 1950s, is fully intact (and still a
runner, in the considerate hands of a member of this list).  There's one
that needs to be saved from non-original upgrades!

Don
1962 TR3B TSF202L
(which was hit by baseball-sized hail last weekend in Saint Louis while
parked outside the shop completing final assembly after a full restoration.
 Ugh!)