[TR] Commission numbers

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Tue May 1 20:08:59 MDT 2012

Andrew S. Mace wrote:
> Nice enough car. Too bad someone painted over the trunk and hood
> hinges...I'll bet they probably painted the underhood areas black,
> too. :) :) :)
>
> Seriously, do you sort of feel as if Ken Richardson and others are
> watching over your shoulder as you work on this car?

It's just some beat up old piece of crap, people.  Who is Ken Richardson?

Okay, seriously, I didn't spend that much time working on it, spent more
time
just daydreaming, thinking of various things like how Ken stole my pen after
he autographed my trophy from the Covington VTR back in, uh, 91?

I was going to offer to take pictures of anything anyone wanted to see,
but the
owner picked up the car this morning before I got to work.  His Healey
was there
for a week or so, his MGA is still there, but TS1 came and went quickly.

And speaking of going quickly, here's a quote from an old article from
Peter Egan
about running a modern recreation of the Mille Miglia, which kind of
echoes some
sentiments I had about TS1:

    Those old men and women along the road remember.  They weren't
    waving to us.  They were waving to the ghosts of those who once
    drove our cars absolutely as fast as they knew how to go.

mjb.