[TR] Removing TR6 body

Alex & Janet Thomson aljlthomson at charter.net
Mon Mar 26 15:25:56 MDT 2012

I believe that cars were assembled at the factory by letting the body down
onto the complete chassis. Definitely the way to go as long as you have the
hoist/help/etc. to do it safely. Remember that the body will need to be
supported by a sling with multiple places of attachment so the body doesn't
fold up. If your body is apart, you may have to attach it in pieces, making
sure not to do any permanent welding until all alignment issues have been
addressed. My brother put a new Ratco frame under a TR-6. The frame was
beautifully done and measurements were perfect. I think the only issue was
that the crankshaft pulley was extremely close to the cross member, making
fan belt replacement  questionable. Don't cut up the old frame until the car
is done and under its own power.

Alex Thomson