[TR] CA Black Plates

William Brewer wsb1960tr3a at att.net
Mon Mar 26 13:09:43 MDT 2012

     When I bought my black plate TR3 in 1992 the CA DMV wouldn't let me keep
the expired black plates on the car and I had to get new plates. I still have
the black plates and have proof that they were on the car for years before I
bought it. I keep thinking that there may be some way to get the black plates
back on the car, with CA having the YOM rules in effect. I have heard a rumor of
a sympathetic DMV employee in Temecula, CA that can help make this happen. Has
anyone heard of someone doing this?

     Bill in Tehachapi