[TR] Thoughts on "Silverstar High Performance Lighting" bulbs?

Andrew S. Mace zoboherald at aol.com
Mon Mar 26 10:45:21 MDT 2012

 It would appear I've fallen for marketing hype. Thinking it couldn't hurt to
have slightly brighter taillamp and flasher bulbs on the rear of my '62 Herald
1200, I thought I'd try Sylvania's "Silverstar High Performance Lighting"
bulbs. Frankly, they look pretty much like any other 1156 and 1157 bulbs, save
for what appears to be a bit of a blue tint in the glass. Perhaps I should
have been tipped off by "15% Whiter light* [*compared to aged standard bulbs]?
With the lenses in place, the bulbs seem -- if anything -- at least 15% LESS
bright than the very aged but fully functional bulbs they replaced! Did I do
something wrong...other than waste money?

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: http://triumph-herald.us