[TR] Stag project car for sale

John Mitchell jmitch at snet.net
Sun Mar 25 08:18:47 MDT 2012

   Hi, do to an upcoming move,  I'm forced to find a new home for my 72
Stag project.  Not much work has been done at this point. I had planned
on this being a retirement project.  The interior pieces have been
removed, but everything else is still attached.  It's a 72 with
automatic transmission in sapphire blue with blue interior.  The car has
no rust, but needs a complete paint job.  The engine ran when I got the
car, but has not been run in several years.  I did fill each cylinder
with mystery oil and sprayed fogging oil through the carburetors before
pulling the car into my basement for dis assembly.  I had intended to do
a concourse restoration as time permitted, but time never became
available.  I have acquired 95% of the parts needed for a ground up
rebuild.  I have all the interior pieces(seat covers, carpet,cubbys,
etc.) to recover everything in beige from Rimmers.  I have all the new
chrome pieces needed.  I have all the parts needed to convert the car to
manual transmission including an NOS Stag transmission with an A type
overdrive added by Quantum mechanics.  I have new fancy wood for the
dash and console.  I have most of the parts needed to perform a rebuild
on the engine if so desired including Iwis chains and I had high
compression pistons fabricated by Venolia in California.  I have far to
many parts to list everything.
      I'd be willing to sell just the car, with all the parts I have
taken off it, or any or all additional parts I have.  I'd be willing to
take $2500 for the car and we could work out a deal for whatever parts
the buyer would want.  I'd be very reasonable on price and you could
save a fortune over buying them from England and having them shipped.
      I'm in southern Connecticut and can be contacted at
jmitch at snet.net.  The car would need to be taken on a trailer.  Thanks,
John