[TR] Dome oil

ptegler ptegler at verizon.net
Tue Mar 20 18:08:38 MDT 2012

oil weight is quite literally the acceleration enrichment control.
A thick oil will make it run richer by slowing the response of the piston,
increasing air velocity over the bridge drawing more fuel
a thinner oil will let the piston rise more rapidly, shortening the
enrichment time.

Start wit ha thin oil...even 3-in-1  Try a couple of accel runs. Then try
motor oil and feel the difference.
Select something in between to suite your desire. (and feel of the set of
your pants)

Yes...seasonal temperatures make a big difference as well.

Old books say use the same engine oil as in the sump for the season.

Paul Tegler
ptegler at verizon.net
www.teglerizer.com