[TR] TR6 ZS won'y idle Update

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Mon Mar 19 20:34:23 MDT 2012

You didn't say what year your car is.  If it is a 73 or later it is fitted
with the Anti-Run-On system.  This system applies a mild vacuum to the float
chamber when you shut down which has the effect of starving the engine for
gas so it doesn't run on.  There is a tube running to the charcoal canister
that vents the top side of the fuel bowl.  There is another port at the carb
inlet face (inside the air filter) that also vents the top side of the
float bowl.  The lever to which you refer operates a valve that switches between
the two.  When the throttle is closed the bowl is vented to the charcoal
canister.  Open the throttle and the port at the carb inlet is used.

Dave