[TR] Subject: B & B clutch and Gunst T. O. Bearing in a TR6?

Cosmo Kramer tr4a2712 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 17 10:31:47 MDT 2012

 Hi Randall!

Ok I shall remember to state 3 fingure PP vs diaphram PP.
-Cosmo Kramer

<TR3driver at ca.rr.com>
triumphs at autox.team.net
>>Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2012 12:13 PM
RE: [TR] Subject: B & B clutch and Gunst T. O. Bearing in a TR6?

>>"B&B"
stands for "Borg and Beck", which was a company that made clutches
>>(among
other things).  They no longer exist as a separate company, only as a
>>name
(that like "Lucas" has been sold and re-sold).  But "back when" they
>>made
lots of different clutches, for different makes, models and years of
>>cars.
>>
>>So with regards to Triumph TRs, we have at least the "3-finger" B&B
clutch
>>used on TR2-4, plus the "diaphragm" B&B clutch used on (at least)
some
>>TR4A-TR6.  Then there are actually several different B&B clutches that
fit
>>the TR4A-TR6, as documented in the articles by Brent Kiser & Nelson
Riedel.

>>(I don't know offhand what the TR7 & TR8 used.)
>>
>>> What is or
how should one call the 3 lever arm PP that
>>> was used in early TR4's &
maybe earlier TRIUMPH models? I
>>> thought the 3 lever
>>> arm PP's were B&B
Clutches.

>>When it is important to
 distinguish, I suggest "3-finger" for
the B&B TR2-4
>>clutch, and "B&B diaphragm" for the B&B version of the
TR4A-TR6 clutch.