[TR] Radiator Caps

Cosmo Kramer tr4a2712 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 17 08:28:07 MDT 2012

Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 19:57:09 -0400
From: Keith Stewart
<keithstewart at execulink.com>
Subject: [TR] Radiator Caps

So, the TR2 through
TR4A engines all have the same derivation. The TR2 through
TR3A engines use a
4lb cap and the TR4 through TR4A engines use a 7 lb cap.
What is the deciding
factor that makes the difference? Is it the rad? Is it
the heater core?
Something else?

Curious minds want to know :-) Thanks.

Keith
------------
Hi
Keith!
Well I'm not quite sure my self, because I never owned any other
TRIUMPH but my TR4A which takes a 7# Rad. cap. I doubt that it is the rad. or
heater cores because I've know places to pressure test the cooling system up
to 15 PSI (over night).

I have read that others have mentioned about short
neck Rad. vs the 'standard' neck, but I don't know if they mean the actual
'neck' that the cap attaches on or the 'extra' length that protrudes from the
rad that the cap attaches to? It should be interesting following this thread.
-Cosmo Kramer