[TR] Oil Dispensing Gun

Gary Klein tr6.guy at verizon.net
Fri Mar 16 16:54:06 MDT 2012

Paul,

I see your point and concede that you may be right but I'm not sure it's an
issue to worry about.  I recall this topic being discussed many years ago on
this list but I don't recall any "conclucion" by the members.  The
discussion, however, convinced me to go the grease route when I rebuilt my
front-end in '98.  I removed the fittings, filled new trunions by hand with
grease and screwed them on, cleaning up the overflow out of the hole
afterwards.  I think I've topped them up once or twice since then.

For cars that are driven a couple of thousand miles a year, IMHO, grease
won't create any problem to worry about and WILL keep the front end and
garage floor cleaner.

Gary