[TR] Calfornia bill to exempt 76-80 cars from biannual smog

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Mar 16 09:17:09 MDT 2012

> Biannual or semi annual? Biannual seems awfully frequent to me.

Actually, both are wrong.  Semi-annual also means twice a year according to
Merriam and Oxford http://goo.gl/djBI2 .

I meant biennial
http://goo.gl/Tk3vf

> But what do I know, I've never owned a car new enough to need SMOG
testing.

Even my 59 TR3A had to be tested at one time.  I actually had to go back a
second time, as they said it was "too clean" the first time!

Apparently the test system thought I had an exhaust leak sucking clean air
into the exhaust.  But I just re-tuned it "by the book", and it passed with
flying colors (according to the state standards for that year, of course).

-- Randall