[TR] Where did Triumph use the color cherry?

Andrew S. Mace zoboherald at aol.com
Thu Mar 15 12:09:27 MDT 2012

 Looking at that chart on my monitor, every color is probably 2-3 shades
DARKER than reality. As "Jonmac" pointed out, the color seems to have been
used mostly on the "non-sporting" Triumphs. Also, it has been my observation
(although I don't have any absolute proof) that it -- like a number of other
colors -- was NOT routinely available on cars built for the US, but it was
available in Canada (such as the "Sports 12/50-badged" Herald sedan -- sold
that way only in Canada -- that I picked up a couple years ago, which happens
to have been Cherry with the Cactus Green interior).

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: http://triumph-herald.us