[TR] B & B clutch and Gunst T. O. Bearing in a TR6?

Cosmo Kramer tr4a2712 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 07:33:29 MDT 2012

Hi Dennis!
OK, I've read on & now I'm seeing that the thread has mentioned the
Toyota 5 spd tranny, which wasn't mentioned before.

Now all the info. that I
was giving & asking about was in reference to the TRIUMPH Gearbox. (Weather it
being an OD {A-type vs a J-type} or not.)

If the gearbox is a Toyota 5spd
from Herman, then you know that you MUST use the DPP & NOT the B&BPP, because
it's stated in the directions.

I have all 3 trannys (TR OD & standard, plus
the Toyota 5 spd) in the Garage Queen (GQ- TR4A) at one time or another.

BTW- The reason the FW's are different for the B&BPP vs the DPP is because of
the the location of the mounting holes for each of the PP.
-Cosmo Kramer
>________________________________
2012 8:41 AM
>Subject: B & B clutch and Gunst T. O. Bearing in a TR6?
>

>Dennis Culligan <dctr6 at optonline.net> wrote:
>Has anybody recently put a Borg
& Beck clutch in their TR6 and used the Gunst throw out bearing?

>TRF
catalogs "recommend" that the Gunst bearing only be used w/ clutches with flat
fingers (ie Luk)
>but as per a brief discussion with Dave from TRF, Mr.
Gunst's recommendation may be more political
>than practical.  I already have
a Gunst bearing and can get a REALLY good price on a B & B clutch kit -
>will
this work OK?
>-Dennis Culligan, Highland NY
>----------------------
>Hi
Dennis!
>I've been catching up on my backlogs of digest readings & came across
your post. Now I haven't finished the rest of the readings, so the answer may
be in there.

>I would like to know the results you have obtained.
>
>My
TR4/A has the same set up as theTR6 (Diaphragm Pressure Plate (DPP) & the
Gunst TOB). I too have the Flywheel (FW), B&B PP, LUK TOB set-up & have taken
them out of a TR4. So I know that the B&BPP has to take a different FW from
the DPPP, & both types of PP will take the same Clutch Disk.

>But I'm not
sure about using the Gunst TOB with the B&BPP. I do know that it will work
with the DPP.