[TR] Tonneau cover for TR3 / early TR3A

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Mar 12 15:10:44 MDT 2012

I have been unhappy with the fit of tonneau covers from both Moss & TRF.
None of them are cut large enough to reach all of the original studs, either
on my previous early TR3A or my current TR3.

I strongly suspect this is partly due to the studs moving around when the
Dzus-button side curtains were introduced.  Only TRF even shows a break in
tonneau part numbers at that point (TS28xxx), but their "early" vinyl cover
didn't fit my car either.  I had to completely skip the front corner studs,
and it was so tight over the remaining studs that the zipper has failed
after only 2 years of use (and only occasionally snapping the studs on the
driver's side).

Has anyone with a LHD TR3 bought a tonneau cover that actually fit?

-- Randall