[TR] Heavy steering TR2

John Gillis JGILLIS at tcd.ie
Sun Mar 11 11:36:48 MDT 2012

I am wondering about two related issues; The steering on the TR2 seems very
heavy at slow maneuvering speed, I am not sure how heavy it should be, having
never driven any other side screen. The second matter relates to the front
wheels which are not sitting at the same angle top to bottom, that is the top
of one seems to lean out more than the other, I did not think there was any
adjustment here. I rebuilt both sides with original parts and all new poly
bushes. I also noticed that in order to set roughly the toe-in I set the
steering box side of the arm to the length in the WS Manual, but in order to
have the other wheel pointing straight (by eye) the length of the other arm
was much longer, not very scientific I know but my starting point, all help
appreciated. kuh
Regards
John

John Gillis