[TR] Broken Clutch Pedal

William Brewer wsb1960tr3a at att.net
Sun Mar 4 07:35:52 MST 2012

     So I was letting my daughter drive my TR3A on an unseasonably warm day.
When she came back she was complaining that the clutch pedal was weird. I
checked it out and sure enough, the weld that holds the pedal to the tubular
shaft had given way and the pedal was all wonky. Glad it wasn't the brake pedal.
I haven't had a chance to get to it yet to fix it. I have a spare pedal assembly
and can just get another brake pedal, but I am thinking about using the original
pedal and strengthening it with a better weld and maybe a gusset.
      Anyone else had problems with pedals braking?

     Bill in Tehachapi