[TR] What do you think is painted on the side of TSF52E block?

wbeech at flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Fri Mar 2 18:06:22 MST 2012

Looks like a "4"
Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: triumphs-bounces at autox.team.net
[mailto:triumphs-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Don Hiscock
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2012 6:40 PM
To: Triumphs
Subject: [TR] What do you think is painted on the side of TSF52E block?

Like most all sidescreen TRs, my TR3B TSF202L had hand-painted orange
letterng on the starter side of the block reminding everyone the engine was
built for a TR3.  The car was built on April 12, 1962, some months after TR4
production had begun.  It has a perfectly standard
TR3 engine, TSF52E, but with the full-synchro gearbox common to the TSF
series.

Did TR4s also have orange paint on the block?  Does anyone else think that
the painting on my block looks almost like it had something else beneath the
"TR", alongside the "3"?

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-xqwkjzw/0/XL/i-xqwkjzw-XL.jpg

Don Hiscock
Saint Louis