[TR] Rear spring issues TR3A

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 18:01:55 MDT 2012

On 6/30/12 10:58 AM, Jerry Van Vlack wrote:
> Randall will suggest lubricating between the leaves and my guess is
> that's a good place to start. I think he even installed some thin
> Nylon between leaves which is even better,
>
> Randall, what say you?

Sorry, I'm not Randall but:

Nylon no, UHMW yes!

To minimize the friction between the individual leaves I like UHMW
(ultra-high molecular weight) Polyethylene plastic.

This plastic provides a low friction surface, similar to Teflon tape,
but with a much higher abrasion and puncture resistance. It was designed
specifically for commercial use on chutes, packaging lines, slides, and
anywhere high pressure metal to metal sliding contact occurs. It also
provides sound dampening, eliminating squeaks and rattles caused by
adjacent parts movement. The plastic's temperature range is -40 to +225
degrees F.

TeriAnn