[TR] Triumphest 2012

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 07:43:57 MDT 2012

On 6/26/12 5:09 AM, Dave1massey at cs.com wrote:
> That's a nice stretch but the road to die for is the section between Oatman
> and Kingman.
Speaking of "to die for" bring at least a gallon of drinking water per
person to drink per day when crossing the Mojave desert.  The air is hot
and dry and you need to keep hydrated.  Take frequent drinks as you
travel, wear chap stick and you will arrive at Triumphest ready to have
fun and not needing to spend a couple days on your back recovering from
dehydration.  Crossing the desert in summer is actually a good time to
have the top erected.  The hot dry air & sun can be brutal if you cross
during the day with the top down.

Flagstaff has the coolest summers of the state.  Usually the end of
September will be mid 70's and sunny.  Ideal Roadster weather.

And for those who want to say Hi, mine will be the signal red TR3A (yes
it was one of the few that actually came red from the factory) with hard
top, an FOT badge and an attitude.

And if anyone just happens to be at the Flagstaff Route 66 Days car show
Sept 7-9, my TR3 is entered.  The streets of downtown Flagstaff will be
closed on Saturday when over 400 cars will be on display.  As far as I
know so far Triumph will be represented by my TR3 and a TR6.

TeriAnn
www.tr3a.info