[TR] Triumphest 2012

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 12:53:41 MDT 2012

If anyone wanting to come to Triumphest 2012 is thinking of not coming
because of costs, please think again.

The older motels along route 66 in Flagstaff can be as low as half the
price as Little America and only about 10 minutes away. If you are
towing a TR behind and RV, the East Flagstaff KOA is about 15 minutes
away from Triumphest.

The gas stations are about 10 cents a gallon more expensive along I 40
than along 66 and the motels are a lot more expensive along I40.  The
cheap gas stations are now about $3.38/gal in Flagstaff.

If you are coming in from the West you want to fill in Barstow.  It will
be your cheapest gas between there and Arizona.

Try to bypass Needles for gas.  About 10 miles East of Needles on I40 at
the highway 95 turn off is gas at least a dollar a gallon cheaper.  If
you plan to overnight at Laughlin, gas is WAY cheaper across the river
in Bull Head City and Highway 68 is a straighter shot between Bull Head
City and Kingman.

And don't forget Grand Canyon South Rim is only about 80 miles North
West of Triumphest.

Teriann