[TR] Really quite OT, but not completely

KingsCreekTrees at aol.com KingsCreekTrees at aol.com
Thu Jun 21 17:42:13 MDT 2012

Hello Listers..

I have a book with a TR3A in it. Herein ends the on-topic part.

This book, though, consists of some fabulous artwork of many cars, all
colour-painted with "holes" in bodywork so that you can see their technical
innards. Their must be a word or term for this type of illustrating, but I
don't  know what it is. One of the cars illustrated is a TR3A and it is such a
superb  and, I think, unique illustration that I would really like to
somehow get some  duplicates of the illustration. So, I'm seeking help and/or
advice as to how I  get this.

The book is called "Inside 100 Great Cars", edited by David Hodges, first
published 1988, this edition 1992, published by Marshall Cavendish Ltd.,
London  W1 (whom I have e-mailed--no answer). Few of the illustrations have an
artists  name, but for those that do, I have conducted internet searches
that have  revealed nothing. I would especially like to get a copy of the
"cutout"  illustration of the TR3A; perhaps it could be available to listers;
it's quite  incredible. My other option is to try to take the book apart and
attempt copying  the illustration. The book will be wrecked, and the
illustration might be too,  especially as it's not in the middle pages (that's
reserved for a cutout  illustration of a Jaguar XKSS).

Does anyone have any comments on where I should turn, how I can make
copies, etc. etc. Anything, really.

Sorry for such a weird question.

Tim