[TR] Car Wax Alert

Allen Hess allenhess at mgcarclub.com
Sun Jun 17 15:48:10 MDT 2012

On Jun 17, 2012, at 2:00 PM, triumphs-request at autox.team.net wrote:
> I just thought I'd pass along some feedback on a new wax product I
> tried
> from Meguiars.  It's called Ultimate Liquid Wax (16 oz
> container).....I did
> not have good results.
>
> It went on very nicely but was very, very difficult to remove after it
> hazed because of streaking.  So difficult that it bordered on
> downright
> annoying.

Did you apply by hand or machine? I don't know anything about this wax
but I've had similar trouble with other waxes on a BRG car. My
solution turned out to be an orbital polisher (Porter Cable) to apply
the wax and micro fiber bonnets on the polisher to remove it. I think
that when I applied the wax by hand it was too heavy and uneven. That
said, before I got the polisher, I had much better/easier results with
some waxes than others.

Allen
TR4