[TR] Toyota tranny conversion TR6?

Alex & Janet Thomson aljlthomson at charter.net
Wed Jun 13 19:04:08 MDT 2012

I have hung on to the 5 speed that I had in my 81.5 Toyota diesel pickup.
Those engines were only about 60 H.P. and I think the transmission ratios
were fairly widely spread out. 1st was not a creeper gear, but it was low
enough so that there was no clutch slipping to get the truck moving on a
hill. Not sure if that would be a good candidate for a TR-6 or GT-6.

Alex Thomson