[TR] Toyota tranny conversion TR6?

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Jun 13 12:08:15 MDT 2012

> Wouldn't you say that the reason you don't see 40 year old Toyotas is
> because they are exactly considered "collectibles" or
> classics.

No, having driven a late 60's (68 IIRC) Toyota, I'd say it was because they
were rightly considered junk.  There are a modest number of other
"non-collectible" 60s and 70s cars running around here (saw a Datsun/Nissan
B210 on the way to work this morning), but you really have to be a masochist
to keep flogging an old Toyota.

But my real point was not that Toyotas are unreliable (even though I am very
unimpressed with the ones the wife has owned), but rather that we are
comparing old transmissions to (relatively) new ones.

-- Randall